Do you have a best friend? I am here to tell you to forget about them right now because sunscreen is your new best friend. You will have an unbreakable bond and guess what? Your feelings will never be hurt this is a promise infact you will fall in love. I hope you’re ready for this relationship!
I live in the U.K, it’s either raining or plain cold and with that we barely ever get any sun at all but that doesn’t mean I won’t wear sunscreen or no no no. I wear sunscreen no matter the weather even if the sun is playing hide and seek.
Here are a few facts about sunscreen
- Sunscreen is protective. Sunscreen does protect your skin from the sun’s rays, when used as directed.
- Sunscreen should be applied to all exposed skin, including the face, neck and ears.
- Sunscreen is for every skin type. It doesn’t matter whether your skin is whiter than snow or darker than Tahitian pearls, you need sunscreen.
- Sunscreen shouldn’t only be limited to summer time, though UBV rays (the ones responsible for sunburn) are weaker in winter, the chance of you getting weaker and wrinkly skin is still high because of UBA rays therefore sunscreen should be part of your daily skincare routine.
- Sunscreen isn’t a girl thing, EVERYONE YES INCLUDING YOU SIR! You need to invest in a sunscreen, 50 year old you will thank you immensely + having healthy and cancer free skin is genderless.
”Darker skins naturally have more melanocytes that acts as a low level built-in SPF factor, but that doesn’t indemnify you from sunscreen use. If you suffer from skin conditions like vitiligo or albinism where there’s a lack or deficiency of melanocytes, you need more sun protection than the average person”all4women
My current favourite sunscreen is the Cosrx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream SPF50+ PA+++. I have been using it for a year now and I just love everything about it. it’s moisturising, it blends into my skin perfectly. Yes it starts off with a slight ”white cast” but after 15-20 minutes it blends into my skin which is very important to me because I am black and walking around looking like casper the friendly ghost is the last thing I need so yes I highly recommend it. Not only does it come in a cute tube but it’s affordable too.
- Always aim for SPF 30 and above, it’s more likely to protect you from sun rays.
- PA+++ stands for Protection Grade of. The higher the better! ”PA indicates the level of protection from UVA rays, UVA rays are a leading cause of wrinkles and a cause of, or major contributor to, every type of skin cancer.”
Go purchase a sunscreen and welcome healthy and glowing skin all year round!